I may have written about this topic before, but I was reminded recently about StrengthsFinder 2.0 and decided to take a look back at my results.
My top 5 themes (strengths) according to the test are:
- Deliberative – best described by the serious care they take in making decisions or choices.
- Ideation – fascinated by ideas…able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
- Adaptability – prefer to “go with the flow.”
- Empathy – can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others’ lives or others’ situations.
- Intellection – introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.
It’s helpful every once in awhile to go back and remind myself of these things and read the descriptions. There is also actionable advice about how to handle certain situations in work and general life, which is also useful.
Some highlights for my future self: